Friday, March 9, 2012

I never played Guild Wars before. Can I buy the Eye of the North pack, sign up and start playing?

I wanna start playing Guild Wars. I don't have an account or any other pack of Guild Wars. I've been told that Eye of the North is an expansion pack. Do I need to buy another version like Nightfall or something and then buy the eye of the north or can I just buy the Eye of the North and start playing?



By the way, is that secret key that I need in the Eye of the North pack so I can register an account?



Thanks a lot! :)I never played Guild Wars before. Can I buy the Eye of the North pack, sign up and start playing?
I would really suggest against getting Eye of the North as your first game. It's assumed before you even start that any character you're taking there is level 20 and has a great grasp of how the game works.



If you've never played before I would highly suggest starting with Prophecies since it gives you a huge learning curve in comparison to Factions and Nightfall. Of course, it's always up to you, but you do at least have to have one of them to play Eye of the North.I never played Guild Wars before. Can I buy the Eye of the North pack, sign up and start playing?
No. Unlike all the other versions, Eye to the North is a pure expansion, and requires the first Guild Wars (now sometimes refered to as Prophesies) to play.



The key in Eye to the North is to add to an existing account in order to gain access to the expansion content.I never played Guild Wars before. Can I buy the Eye of the North pack, sign up and start playing?
Eye of the North is just an expansion. You need to own one of the other 3 campaigns first and then add on Eye of the North. It's like going into the store and buying a Wii game cd and then complaining that you can't play it because you don't own a Wii system. Buy the Wii first, then the cds.



I'd recommend buying the first Guild Wars game. It has the slowest learning curve and is the best one for new players.

No comments:

Post a Comment